We go through an outrageous amount of bananas. So it made sense to buy two LARGE bunches last time I went to Costco.
Two weeks later and an entire bunch hadn’t been eaten. I’m not a baker so I honestly didn’t even think of banana bread. Not wanting to throw them out, but not wanting to eat the overripe bananas, I peeled the bananas and put them in freezer bags in the freezer.
I make a lot of lactation smoothies with oatmeal and bananas (I will share the recipe with you all if interested. Let me know in the comments below). But this time I decided to try to make banana bread….in the crockpot. YES, that’s right…in the crockpot. It’s summer so I’m avoiding turning the oven on.
Stick of butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 tbs of ground cinnamon
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt
3 medium size bananas
- Turn crockpot on low and grease with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk softened/melted butter, sugar and eggs together in large bowl. Mix well.
- Mix in the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Mash up the bananas. If frozen, put in microwave for a minute or two and then make sure bananas are mashed well with a fork.
- Combine half of mashed bananas and 1 cup of whole wheat flour into the bowl with the other ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour the rest of the mashed bananas and another cup of whole wheat flour into the bowl and mix all together.
- Pour mixture into crockpot and cook for an hour and a half to two hours. You can check to see if bread is done by sticking butter knife into the center. It should come out clean.
This banana bread is sooo yummy and moist! Enjoy!